Thursday, December 11, 2008

a quick update

Just wanted to get a note out to everyone that we are surviving the first few days of parenting twins and a toddler.

We've been getting about 4 hours of sleep a day, typically about an hour or so at a time. So far, I'd say (this is Kevin...arguably the king of crazy) that it hasn't been too rough. Although, it's only been since Monday...

...and besides, Lala Jean bo is here helping out (as usual), and Ninang (with baby Sam in tow) also arrived on Tuesday. So, we have a great team here at Casa Eddy.

The girls are doing great: they have been gaining weight steadily (Glory is now 6 lbs 3 oz, while Kate is 5 lbs 11 oz) and have already grown over an inch (both are 19+ inches).

Noah has been adjusting pretty well. He has his moments of despair, but all in all, he is taking it in stride. I wish I could go back in time and video his reaction when we picked him up from daycare on Monday. The girls (including Amy) were waiting in the mini-van. Noah came in, stood between the two captain's chairs where the girls were sitting, then smiled a HUGE smile, laughed, and exclaimed "my sisters!" Then came the requests: "can I touch them?" "Can I hold them?" "Can I feed them?" "Can I poke them?" Can I tickle them?" On and on and on he went!

So, we are alive and well.

3 comments:

Gus and Jen said...

Welcome home little ladies and congratulations big brother!

Laura said...

what a precious story! thanks for the update, I have been anxiously awaiting to hear more :) glad you have such wonderful helpers, hope more sleep time comes your way soon!

Amy said...

Yep, we're doing pretty well. We only need a 1;1 adult to kid ratio to function.